– Cinderella went to the ball to kill the prince.
– “All hail Alice, the Queen of Hearts.”
– Rapunzel is the witch’s illegitimate daughter, and she is being kept safe from a king who would have her killed on sight.
– The Little Match Girl is a now phantom luring people to their deaths.
– Little Red Riding Hood is a werewolf.
– “So… You’re the Pied Piper, eh? I thought you’d be taller.”
– Princess Snow White and the evil Snow Queen? One and the same.
– “If you value your life, my life, the lives of everyone in this city… you won’t wake the sleeping princess.”
– The land of the Twelve Dancing Princesses is falling apart at the seams, and the rest of reality with it.
– A witch who made some bad decisions in her youth is forced to adopt and raise a child.
– After Jack the Giant Killer ruthlessly murdered their king and threw their world into turmoil and war, the inhabitants of the Sky Kingdom must rebuild their lives.
– “What… what is it?”
“A firebird – the last of her kind.”
I would like all of these please.
Tanith Lee wrote the Red Riding Hood werewolf one, of course, in her immortal collection Red As Blood: Tales From the Sisters Grimmer.