If you’re being harassed on tumblr, you can report it at https://www.tumblr.com/abuse
Yeah it’s cool to pretend you hate this site despite logging in via oxygen mask every day like a coward but I’m gonna miss this site when it tanks. Never have I interacted with a piece of media that is this entertaining and outrageous. It’s historical.
Tumblr’s polarity is truly only outmatched by Twitter to me. There are amazing and creative people here and then there are demons and scoundrels and the insane amount of micro-societies created by both would make any sociologist have a field day. You are always two degrees of separation away from mind-blowing confusion if you click any link on your dashboard. The constant stimulation…is terrifying.
For my mobile folks, or anyone who spends more time on their phone than on desktop with this site.
Go to settings > filtering and from there you can block any tags you need to avoid spoilers until you can see the film.
Recommended tags to filter out: “infinity war” “infinity war spoilers” and if you’re as paranoid as I am, the generic “spoilers” tag as well.
Good things that come from being on Tumblr for 5+ years:
- By this point, you’ve either found a blog theme that you like or you’ve completely resigned yourselves to the default themes. Either way, you no longer care about your blog theme and that’s the way it should be.
- You constantly gain a new appreciation for the, like, five followers that have followed you since the beginning.
- You have a never-ending library of memes in your blog’s archives
- If you ever need a pick-me-up, you can go back into the depths of your blog and find old content that you never thought you’d see again.
- You probably never reblog unsourced/reposted art because you’ve been on Tumblr long enough to remember the original post in the first place.
- A great appreciation for the updates that actually made the site work better (putting the reblog button at the bottom of the page, for instance)
- A complete apathy to any sort of drama that this site devolves into.
- You’ve probably discovered XKit by now and are grateful every day of your life.
- You’ve seen and/or participated in some of the greatest events on this website, for better or worse (Mishapocalypse, the “reblog this if you’re in _______ fandom” posts, “What color is the sky?”, DashCon and the immediate fallout)
Bad things that come from being on Tumblr for 5+ years:
- Different day, different discourse.
- You’ve slowly watched people that you’ve followed for years go through eighty blog changes and that cool SuperWhoLock blog you once liked is now a belly-button fetish blog and you have to wonder where it all went wrong.
- “Guys we literally settled this argument like two years ago why the fuck are we doing this all over again”
- Living long enough to see people’s opinions on groups, events, and identities completely flip flop in the course of a couple of years.
- Your block list is a mile long and full of porn blogs
- Going from thinking that Tumblr was the best website ever to an old, jaded veteran who just wants to post memes is a very hardcore slide and it’s given me whiplash
- Posts that you really used to like were deleted a long time ago back before deactivation was a thing.
- Being 18+ years old on this site and knowing that the opinions of most of the users basically boil down to what minors think is social justice but really isn’t. Their hearts are in the right place…but… well, they’ve got a ways to go.
- Out of the blue, someone will message you about why you don’t post about certain shows anymore and you don’t have the heart to tell them that you haven’t tuned into that show in 4 years.
- I hate this website let me drink and leave me be.
a blog: *follows me*
me, an aged monarch lounging on my fur-strewn throne, gesturing for my servant to bring me my monacle: Bring them here! Bring them here, I say. Let me look at them.
guards: *drag the unwitting blog before me*
me, peering intently at the new blog and poking them with my scepter: Is this a real person? Hmm? What have you to say for yourself? What are your fandoms? Your interests? Speak up, these old ears aren’t what they used to be.
guards, tentatively: they do seem to be a real person, sire. We found them in possession of several memes and a fandom rant.
me, subsiding back into my sumptuous furs and waving them away: most extraordinary. It has been an age since there was a real person, but just as well, the dungeons have been overflowing with those tacky pornbots. This newcomer may remain in my domain. Make them welcome. And fetch me a quill! I feel a ficlet coming on…
this is the funniest thing i have ever read
This is my level of dramatic
When I’m scrolling through a blog and see they reblogged one of my posts